I'm having a lot of fun with VMware on this 64 GB Mac:
- My main OS, obviously, is macOS running work-related stuff.
- Then, I have Ubuntu Linux for development.
- I have Kali Linux for doing security work.
- I have Windows 10 for practicing exploit development.
- And, finally, I have macOS running in a VM for my personal stuff.
- I could probably get Android and iOS running for completeness sake (using different emulators), but I don't actually need those right now ;)
I've been running multiple VMs for a month or two. Things are working in general, and I'm happy with this setup. My only complaints are:
- It took a while to set everything up.
- My battery life sucks :-P
- The macOS VM lacks GPU acceleration; hence I had to disable GPU acceleration in Chrome.
- Similarly, for personal use, I'd prefer to use Netflix, YouTube, and Zoom in my personal macOS VM. However, the video is too laggy. Hence, I have to do those things on the main OS, using an Incognito window when possible.