Vim 7: Lovin' It
I finally installed Vim 7. I also took the time to install various plugins. Here are some things that are making me happy:
- Honest to goodness, real tabs.
- Auto-completion and built-in documentation lookup for many different programming languages.
- Editing files and browsing directories remotely over scp works.
- Subversion integration via the vcscommand plugin is helpful.
- Vim is still charityware which makes me proud to use it.
- It supports a ton of languages by default.
- It doesn't get confused by Python strings such as
"""He said, "hi"!""";)