- Use two fingers on the touchpad to scroll.
- It doesn't come with a modem.
- The lowest model MacBook can burn CDs but not DVDs.
- Hit F3 (without fn) or F10 (with fn) to use expose.
- Turn it off if you're not going to use it for a day or two.
- Putting it to sleep decreases the chances of damaging the hard drive while moving it.
- Use "fn delete" to delete characters to the right of the cursor.
- The manual use to say that if you added memory yourself you would void your warranty. It now says that you'll only void your memory if you mess up ;-)
- Hold down D while booting to use Apple Hardware Test.
- The printed manual is only in English.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Apple: MacBook Manual Surprises
This is a list of things that surprised me while reading the manual for my MacBook: