- The speakers were smart, but their content was pretty standard.
- To avoid the global interpreter lock, run two instances of CherryPy.
- They were using Nginx for load balancing. It can "spoon feed" clients. It can talk to memcached.
- Of course, a missing index in the database can destroy everything.
- They automated deployment to new servers.
- Their "dirty little secret" was that they used ZXTM Zeus server for caching, load balancing, and SSL accelaration.
- If users repeated hit the reload button because of a slow page load, they will compound the situation until they eventually bring down the server. You may want time limits. You may need maximum client connection limits.
- You may want to disable swap to avoid thrashing.
Ad maiorem Dei gloriam inque hominum salutem.